Tuesday 12 July 2011

ON THE MOVE BACK TO WANAKA

My time in Ohakune has come to a very quick end deu to some very shitty circumstances which i won't go into just if on the offchance a certain someone sees....




I called up my friends down south and they sorted me out with a job and a house so it was on! i packed up one flat and started the long 1556km drive to Wanaka from Auckland !! i set off prity late in the day because i had to find a shop that had chains for car for the mountains down south, its been snowing like crazy latley so didnt want to comit to the drive without them. On the way down i stopd by the the house in Kune to see the fam and say goodbye to Cam and the boys and then keep on going streight down to Wellington, my ferry was at 2am so i had a few hours to kill before hand, i rememberd my old friend Chris who i met way back in 08 when i was in vancouver, he was down there so called him up and sure enough a few hours later i pulled into Wellington and it was off to the pool bar for a few rounds and some beers! also turned out  it was his 27th so HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!!


I left Chris in wellington and boarded the ferry where upon i met two of the buzziest guys ever!! they were driving a hilux with a fridge a washing machine on the back and had a flat tyre on the ute! i asked them where they where heading and they said christchurch and then asked if they could have my spare! haha no chance of that hapning! anyway it was up to the lounge deck and we were the only 4 people on the boat apart from the crew so there were plenty of seats to sleep on :-D.  









When our trip on the ferry came to the end they asked me if i wouldn't mind following them to Blenhim just incase the tyre didnt hold up to the 24hour servo there. I agreed and we set off, not soon after leaving the ferry all i could smell was rubber from their flat tyre and then BANG the tyre shredded off the rim and shot across the road and the boy had sparks coming out the back from the bare rim catching on the ground. We pulled over and realised my spare was not going to fit, luckily they had some phone signal and were more then happy to just (420 the parked ute on the side of the highway till a good time to call for help)


I continued on my journey down the awesome east coast of the south island with the sun comming up on my left over the ocean and snowey mountains on my right, I have done this drive every year for the last 4years now and each time the wow factor increases more and more, there is just sooo much to see!!






Not to long after disembarking the ferry i found out that the main pass leading from Christchurch to Wanaka was closed due to snow fall... this then meant a big detor to Palmeston under 100km from Dunedin which sucked soooooooooooooooo hard such a long drive of awesome sceneary dont get me wrong but such a anoyence when driving solo adding on a few more hours to the already long drive!







When i finaly reached town i was soooooooooooooo stoked to be back, met up with the house mates only to find out that we had no power due to some paper work mixup, so i went and stayed at my Brand managers house down near town just till power comes back! We ended up going for a few beers  and then crashed out.
Hyped to have such a rad crew to ride with this year and the amount of snow that has falling is going to make this a season of seasons!


ANY WAY IM STOKED TO BE BACK !




 

HAVE TO RUN NOW SNOWPARKS CALLING , PEACE!


 "I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell, you see, I have friends in both places."

No comments:

Post a Comment