Sunday 12 June 2011

Home for now gone tomorrow

Finaly back home in NZ well at home for 4 days before moving down to the mountains. The upside to these shorts visits home are that i guess i put 110 into catching up with friends and family and if im lucky i keep my head down at home and don't kick off any family drama, acourding to mum my record for keeping the peace i set on my last trip home which was just over a week, this time i managed to last a whole 6 hours before muttering somthing! the other downside to comming home it wouldnt be a trip home without a trip to the doctors or hospital , home semes to be my kryptonite from sizures, to sinking trucks, rolling trucks, to having a heart monitor fitted not so fun when your awake for the whole op.


Nothing beats catching up with solid old friends, no matter what kind of mood or doubt you in everything semes to go out the window when your out with them.  I sit looking at my CC'n dry wondering how it is that i manage to leave here every couple of days or sometimes weeks chasing winters, work, adventure, i find my self at 1am on the couch watching into the wild and thinking to myself what it would be like sell and give away everything and disapear for a while live like the great Chritopher Mcadnless aka Alexander supertramp the guy gave away everything and traveld north from cali to alaska working from time to time just to surport his trip and get to where he wanted to go, he took only what he needed nothing more and nothing less, it was he who came up with the quote" true happiness can only ever be found when shared with others"
 A family friend gave me a book when i was 14 that i still carry with me called 1,000 places to see before you die, by far one of the best gifts i have ever gotten! im working my way threw it im past 230 so far but still heaps more to go +adding some of my own to make it 1000 no offence to the author but we do have very different intrests for what we want to see and experience when traveling.



"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are, otherwise, you miss most of your life"










"DON'T WASTE A DAY"


No comments:

Post a Comment